Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Glimpse of a Day in Melbourne



Melbourne Town Hall

Collins Street is one of the fanciest, high-end shopping streets in Melbourne....















And I just kept walking....



My first stop was the Queen Victoria The Queen Victoria markets are open every day, with spectacular food stalls, fresh produce, and retail sheds.













And then, I just kept walking.... Melbourne is full of small side streets with interesting shops and cafes.  It's like a maze!  And every time you walk down a street, you find something new!





Yummy cupcake shop


Flinders Station,  the train station


Looking down the street on Flinders Station


The other end of the station



Check out the awesome architecture!




You can see the Arts Center tower in the background


Unfortunately it wasn't open when I passed by...


They didn't tell me on the free tour bus why this polar bear has been randomly sculpted in some random area in this city...


Architectur-o-rama


If I had enough money I'd go into this tea room


Gog and Magog guarding the Royal Arcade (there are several of these arcades, or, shopping "malls")


Street art on a sidestreet near Brunswick Street.  Brunswick street is slightly outside the central city, a heritage area lined with fantastic quaint stores, cafes, restaurants... I spent an entire Sunday afternoon and evening on this street!


As it says, the famous Melbourne Museum


Royal Exhibition Building and Carlton Gardens





The Princess Theatre, one of several extravagant theaters in Melbourne



And the Socceroos play on.... World Cup 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment